Adolescence is a time for students to figure out their identity and develop self-confidence. We believe academic performance and success in the classroom is enhanced by developing leadership, teamwork and personal achievement through experiential education in the outdoor environment.
The Middle School outdoor education trips focus on the extraordinary character component of Louisville Collegiate School’s mission which embodies the four Character Cornerstones: Respect, Responsibility, Honor and Compassion. These Middle School regional trips take our students to Indiana, Missouri and West Virginia.
Goals of the Middle School overnight outdoor education trips:
- Promoting environmental responsibility through personal connection to the natural world.
- Empowering students to move beyond self-imposed limitations and develop a greater self awareness and compassion for others.
- Spending time interacting and respecting the natural world.
- Building self confidence.
- Forging friendships and strengthening class bonds to honor each other.